HORROR MANGA
I liked this class it was interesting, made me want to read more Tomie!

I liked this manga, it's cool to see people try to cosplay Tomie, it's a type of cosplay that must be hard to accomplish, crazy freaky characters and some make up magic! I loved looking through people trying to recreate these spooky looks. Online I read a few threads about Junji Ito drawing Tomie because he liked the way the character looks, Which we discussed in class, BUT I ran across a fan page where people where arguing the Ito keeps forgetting to add Tomies Mole. That's when I realized how huge of a fanbase he has even here in the West. The wild West. What an impact! Everyone in class seemed pretty interested in his stories too, Im currently going to look for the slug chapter, Sandra mentioned it in class but Im not on the hunt for it because it sounds so bizarre! 

Comments

  1. I've seen a lot of Tomie cosplays online too, I'm sure it takes a lot of time and work because Tomie is literally multiple faces between merged into one so it takes a lot of time to create the other face and then attach it to your face and then you have to add the makeup effects to your face.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts